Who are we? 🏎
Ornikar’s team dedicates its mission to transform the overall car mobility experience for drivers around the world. We are developing innovative solutions that bring us closer everyday to becoming the key partner in car mobility : from learning how to drive, to ensuring your car, we create a positive and empowering experience for all drivers in France, and shortly further beyond! In 2022, Ornikar have supported nearly 3 million people in their journey to obtain their driving licence.
We're always on the lookout for talented people to join and have a positive and lifelong impact on people’s driving experience!
Thesis subject 🧪
Among our missions, we aim at providing simple and affordable insurance to young drivers who began their driving education journey with Ornikar, adapting risk to each profile. The PhD thesis will work on these subjects mainly from a data scientist / actuarial approach.
We strongly believe and already proved through several iterations that we are able to highlight risk signals within the Education journey, using these to rank the risk of young drivers very early in their Driving learning journey, even before they put their hands on the wheel.
This work is synthesized in a complex algorithmic model trained on Education signals.
The PhD Candidate will work at improving young driving behavior and their accessibility to insurance through :
- Better understanding the link between driving education and driving behavior both on theory and applied models. As the frequency of accidents is low, the candidate will have to work with models adapted to HDLSS (High Dimension Low Sample Size).
- Proposal and tests of adapted education journey (education to accident avoidance,...) and insurance mechanisms (insurance with monitoring devices,...), through controlled approach to measure precisely the impact.
Through the thesis and the application of data science techniques and behavioral economics, the candidate will develop a unique quantitative bridge between driving education and current driving experience.
You are our ideal candidate if you... 🔬
- You have a Master in Computer Science / Applied Mathematics / Statistics / Actuarial Science
- You have very strong quantitative skills (Statistics, Machine & Deep Learning,...) applied successfully in several domains.
- You have a high interest in the topic of understanding & modeling young driver behaviors
- You are highly dedicated, as the CIFRE Thesis program requires autonomy for research
- You are creative with solution-oriented approach
We are your ideal adventure if you are looking for… 🔍
- A french start-up in scale-up phase: we are scaling our business with very strong ambitions, developing and launching new exciting products in France and internationally 🌎
- To pass your driving test for free! 😉
- A caring and safe work environment. As a member of the IDEA Pact, we stand up for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- An adventure in which you will be able to step out of your comfort zone
- A lot of room for innovative and creative initiatives, we are continuously questioning and improving our methods and processes