Who are we?👋
Ornikar’s team dedicates its mission to transform the overall car mobility experience for drivers around the world. We are developing innovative solutions that bring us closer everyday to becoming the global leader in road safety: from learning how to drive, to ensuring your car, we create a positive and empowering experience for all drivers in France, in Spain, and shortly further beyond!
We started this incredible odyssey in France in 2013, triggering the transformation of this traditional and dusty industry. It was a relentless fight against countless obstacles over the years to be able to carry out our activities: our deep-rooted values of ambition and humility stem from this journey.
An initial round of funding of €10 million in 2018, followed by a €35 million round in 2019 and a €100 million raise in 2021 allow us to ramp up our offers and expand our teams internationally.
We're always on the lookout for talented people to join and have a positive and lifelong impact on people’s driving experience!
About the Product Design Team 🦸
We are a team that is passionate about designing a new eLearning experience, powerful marketplace features and innovative insurance products. Coraline, Carl and Margaux (Product Designers) each work in their own squad alongside a Product Manager and engineers. They report to Julien (VP of Design) who is responsible for setting up an environment where the team will succeed in the quest to build simple, beautiful and effortless product flows that address users' needs. The Design team belongs to the wider Product organisation and is growing quickly with new product designers and UX researchers joining.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer 🌋
As a Senior Product Designer at Ornikar, you will be working with your squad to deliver value to our users and reach the objectives we set ourselves at the start of every quarter. You will partner with your squad's PM to discover our users' needs through research, and prototype solutions. You will ensure perfect implementation with engineers thanks to clean mockups, detailed specs and continuous guidance. In doing so you will have many touch points with your Design team through rituals like Design Critiques, discussions in Figma or the maintenance our design systems.
What you will do 🛠
As a Senior Product Designer, you will :
- Design exceptional products participating in all phases of product development lifecycle—from initial exploration and definition through to shipping.
- Partner with product managers, engineers and data analysts to make product and design decisions informed by user research, market trends and business goals.
- Assist engineers in shipping high-quality experiences with detailed design specs, design review and regular communication.
- Collaborate with broader design team to share feedback, maintain our design systems and brand consistency, elevate overall product quality and design execution.
- Build empathy with our users and their pain points by conducting regular user research initiatives.
You are our ideal candidate if you... 🤩
Our ideal candidate leverages his design skills and knowledge to create products that have an impact on Ornikar's growth and has a particularly strong experience in:
- Presenting your work to product managers, engineers, business partners and incorporate their feedback into an iterative process.
- Helping your team discover the right products by creating prototypes at all levels of fidelity and constantly evaluating which tool will allow testing hypotheses faster.
- Shipping real value to our users by supporting your team with detailed design specs, continuous guidance and quality assurance.
- Engaging in user research initiatives using quantitative or qualitative methods and evaluate the usability of design solutions with testing.
- Designing interfaces mobile-first or even mobile-only (some of our products are mobile apps).
- Maintaining a design system in sync with engineers through the introduction/editing/deletion and documentation of components.
- Challenging the work of other designers during design critiques in a positively constructive manner.
Apply if you…
- Have worked in a B2C or B2B start-up or scale-up environment and show good knowledge of roles, workflows and designs.
- Have a minimum of 6 years of experience in Product Design
- Are particularly good at crafting beautifully-branded, ease-to-use interfaces with design patterns forming simple, delightful user flows that take all edge cases into account.
- Are particularly good at discovering and delivering products that answer user needs and help reach business objectives thanks to your proven product thinking.
- Are particularly good at communicating with the Tech team, writing clear design specs and ensuring proper implementation during the quality assurance phase.
- Have experience in user research and testing.
- Speak fluent or nearly-fluent English.
We are your ideal adventure if you are looking for... 🤝
- A french start-up in scale-up phase: we are scaling our business with very strong ambitions, developing new exciting products and growing the team 🌎
- Impact: Product Designers partake in all phases of product development lifecycle—from initial exploration and definition through to shipping 🚀
- Wish to take your driving test soon: @Ornikar, it’s free! 😉
- The possibility to work remotely, or from any WeWork 💻
- Gym provided by Neoness (fully paid by the company) 🏋🏽♀️
Ornikar and Onroad are proud to be an equal opportunity employer since we believe that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. All our interviewers and managers are being trained to avoid unconscious bias during interviews and to perform structured job interviews based on a detailed scorecard. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.
We constantly challenge ourselves and particularly engage in offering a welcoming environment for women within our tech teams in France. You can have a look at our initiatives here
To all recruitment agencies: Ornikar and Onroad do not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, our employees or any other organisation location. Ornikar and Onroad are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.